Discography Review: Lee Jung Hyun (Full Albums)









 1집 - Let's Go to My Star

» Summary
This album contains Lee Junghyuns biggest hits; "바꿔" (Change) and "와" (Wa). Unfortunately, these are the only two songs i've kept from the album. Nontheless, those songs are really great songs and are probably both my faveorite singles from her whole discography. You can still hear "Change" being played on t.v. despite how old the song is. It was quite an iconic era for her. 

» Highlights
바꿔 10/10
와 10/10


2집 - Peace


» SUMMARY
This album features a lot of tribal beats as well as a lot of south east asian influences. It's not an album i would reccomend checking out though. I recall it putting me to sleep despite the two tracks that i really did like from it, which is the lead single 너 (you) and a ballad 꿈 (dream).
» HIGHLIGHTS
너 8/10
꿈 7/10



3집 - Magic Go to My Star

» SUMMARY
A lot of people regard this as her best album. I'd like to disagree although it is a good album. This album is really fun to listen to. The cover artwork actually portrays the album really well. This album is worth a listen. 미쳐 (crazy) is a fan favourite that anybody would like. My favourite track personally is 반(half) which is an upbeat techno track that is extremely addicting and i still frequently listen to it.
» HIGHLIGHTS
미쳐 8/10
Misty 8/10
반 10/10


4집 - I Love Natural

» SUMMARY
This is her best album in my opinion. This is actually one of the best k-pop albums in my itunes library actually. The album is very cohesive and there are almost no fillers, something really rare in a k-pop album. It's all mostly built on upbeat techno sounds. All of the songs are different and unique on their own so they don't just mesh together. This was the 2nd album i downloaded by her and I was instantly addicted although i'm not even a big fan of this genre. K-pop really did techno justice back in these days. For the albums above i had only kept 2-3 of the songs but for this one i only deleted two tracks.
» HIGHLIGHTS
달달아 8/10
Q 7/10
Tell me 7/10
Time Machine 7/10
아라아라 8/10
뭘 더 바래 7/10
미워요  9/10
날봐 10/10




5집 - Passion

» SUMMARY
This album has a very spanish cocktail party feel to it. From my memory, only the title track was worth listening to. The album isn't bad, it just wasn't enough for me to keep it in my library.
» HIGHLIGHTS
따라해봐 8/10




6집 - Fantastic Girl

» SUMMARY
I don't even recall what the title track for this album was, all i know is that this album has the best b-sides on it. The b-sides (written below) are just so catchy and have a really good feel to them. In my opinion, their production quality is probably best she's ever had. They aren't over produced and lee jung hyuns voice is more easier to like. This album is worth listening to, it's very much like "i love natural" in terms of organization and cohesion.
» HIGHLIGHTS
어떻게 10/10
All In 10/10
니 남자를 줘 8/10
.

7집 - 007th

» SUMMARY
This is the last full album lee junghyun has released which was in 2010. This was also the album that introduced me to her. This album is actually just her past EP plus 4 new songs(?). Anyways it was practically thrown together. Not keeping in mind that this wasn't really a new album, the single for this was a jam for a while. It also has a lot of jams that are very 2007~2009 era k-pop.
» HIGHLIGHTS
수상한 남자 9/10
이니미니마이니모 8/10
Crazy 8/10

Comments